Right to Information Act (RTI) – Where to submit RTI Apllication form in India?
The Right to Information Act was established in order to hold the government accountable for its work by empowering citizens to demand information that respects its activities. The RTI Act refers both to India’s central and state governments except for Jammu and Kashmir, which has their own RTI Act.
Now the question is, Where to apply for RTI in India?
Steps to file rti application form in india?
- For filling RTI application click on submit request option.
- On clicking on submit request option ‘Guideliens for use of RTI ONLINE PORTAL’ screen will be displayed. Citizen has to click on the checkbox ‘I have read and accepted the above guidelines’ and then click on submit button.
- Then Online RTI Request Form screen will be monitored. From Select Ministry/Department/Apex body dropdown.
- Candidate or applicant will receive sms alerts in case he/she provides mobile number. The field marked are mandatory.
- If applicant belongs to BPL category, he has to select the option ‘Yes’ in ‘Is the applicant below poverty line?’ No RTI fee is required to be paid by any citizen who is below poverty line as per RTI Rules, 2012
- On filling of the application, a unique registration number would be issued, which may be referred by the applicant for any references in future.
- If a applicant belongs to Non BPL category, he has to select the option ‘No’ in ‘Is the applicant below poverty line.
- ‘Text for RTI request application’ should be upto 3000 characters.
- After filling all the information in the form, click on the ‘make payment’ option.
- On choosing the option, Online Request Payment form will be shown.
- After clicking on the ‘Pay’ button, applicant will be directed to SBI payment gateway for payment.
- The applicant will get an email and sms alert on filling of application.