Right to Information Act passed in the Parliament and came into force in the year 2005. The Right to Information Act is the empowerment of the people to get information from any government body. The information can be obtained from any organization controlled, managed and financed by the state or central government. Any indirectly controlled organization, managed or financed by any government bodies also covered under this act.
With the 73rd Constitutional Amendment 1993, the Panchayat Raj came into existence. Panchayat Raj is the Local self-governance at the village or small-town level. The Gram Panchayat is the grass-root level of the Panchayat Raj. The ‘Sarpanch’ is the elected head of the Gram Panchayat. Gram Sabha is organized for the day to day working of the Gram Panchayat.
The people who wish to obtain information on Gram Panchayat can ask it through Gram Panchayat RTI Form. As Gram Panchayat is the local body of the government it comes under the rule of RTI. The RTI application form for Gram Panchayat is accessible online as well as offline. There are various sites offer gram panchayat RTI form.
The following information can be obtained through Gram Panchayat RTI Form
- Implementation of the development
- programs and schemes of the Gram Panchayat.
- Whether the beneficiary of different programs and schemes are identified properly.
- The utilization of public support solicited in cash or kind or both for the public welfare programs.
- The implementation of programs of mass education and family welfare.
- Clarification from the Sarpanch and other members of the Gram Panchayat about any particular activity, scheme, income, and expenditure.
- Implementation of recommendation and appropriate action concerning reports of the Vigilance Committee.
- The data related to levy of taxes, rates, rents & fees & enhancement of rates thereof.
- Whether a certification of the utilization of funds by that Panchayat is obtained for welfare plans, programs and projects implemented.
To fie online Gram Panchayat RTI Form
- Create a login id and password to register yourself.
- Fill in the RTI application form for Gram Panchayat under the RTI act available online
- Address it the District Public Information Officer
- Mention all the information of the concern Gram Panchayat, Panchayat, District and State
- Do not forget to write what kind of information is required by you.
- Enter all the relevant information with necessary proofs and accept the declaration that all the information given is true as per your knowledge and understanding.
- After the necessary payment confirmation, the page will be displayed and a tracking id will be allotted to check the status of your application.
This is the right of every citizen to get information from any public office. This has brought far more transparency in the working of the government bodies. It has empowered the common people to be aware of the functioning of the public authorities. Online RTI application form for gram panchayat has made it easy to obtain information from Gram Panchayat and to be more vigilant towards its operations.