A Guide for Novices about Right to Information
- Right to Information Act is also known as ‘RTI’. It basically aims to eradicate the unawareness of the rights that the citizens possess. It is aimed at endorsing transparency and liability in the governmental institutions of the country.
- It is a revolutionary act because the act gives the power to the common man to scrutinize government officials. Due to lack of awareness, many people stay away from practising their rights. Even today, there are villagers, farmers, women, children and workers, who are unaware of their rights.
- RTI bestows the common man with the power to ask for documented proof of all the governmental procedures. You have the right to seek information and know why and what happened. You have the right to know HOW it happened.
- The organization are bound to get back to you with an apt answer in response to your RTI within 30 days.
The Inception of RTI
What you need to know about RTI
RTI was brought about by the Government to address issues of the people. The act is people-centric and it does not believe in biases towards the higher authority or a financially and politically strong entity. Since it is made for the people, you will find that illiterate individuals can also file an RTI with simple and easy processes. The illiterate individual can seek help from the PIO. They will write their issue and read it out loud to them before submitting the RTI. This is a people-friendly approach and is an attempt to include the poverty-ridden people under this revolutionary act. Going to a PIO or posting the application via post office could be full of hassles. Thanks to technology that now you can file an RTI online. Our platform is the right place because we allow you how to file rti application online In India?
How to file RTI Application Online In India?
- In today’s world, everyone owns a smartphone and opening a website is easy.
- Open the website on your phone and fill the RTI form.
- We believe in the common man’s voice. We ensure that the voice should be heard by the Government in a proper and legitimate manner. The platform charges a nominal fee which is payable online.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to file an RTI on our platform. Filing an RTI is your basic right! Whether the involved party is a passport officer, MLA, income-tax department, your colleague, road transport authority you can easily file an RTI. Even government-owned companies can be challenged.
- Whatever is crossing your mind and bothering you for days, speak up through an RTI! This is your right and you must utilize it.